Followers

Friday, January 12, 2018

While Waiting.....

Hello everyone: Yesterday, January 11th. were were gifted with a very unusually warm day for this first month of 2018, the temperatures actually went up to 60!!! so, needless to say, all the snow is gone so everything looks kind of yucky and muddy. Well, today we are back to reality with a temperature of 22 degrees as I write this post, oh well.....after all, it's still Winter.
Anyway, I made a card today that has all the colors of Spring, maybe it's because I desperately want to see flowers and butterflies and humming birds. I will play along with a few challenges at the end of this post.


This image is from a Power Poppy set called Spring Time Love, stamped it on watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with some SU markers and Sakura Koi watercolors.
The pattern papers are from Lili of the Valley and my stash.

******************************************************************
I've made a resolution last January of finishing the inside of my cards, I've kept it up and I love it. This saves me time when I mail them and they look really nice.


The sentiment is from the same set and the little Tulips are from an old Flourishes set called "From the Garden"

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge #85 (use the colors on the inspiration photo)
 

Moving Along With the Times Challenge #62 "Flowers"

As You Like It "Anything Goes"

4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #385, "No Winter Blues" Don't use BLUE"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




10 comments:

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A very pretty design Maria

Thank you for joining us at MAWTT

Happy crafting....

June/DT

Mary Fish said...

Paper crafting sweetness inside and out!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so sweet and pretty, Maria! I dearly love this stamp set and have had it out planning to use it, but something else always needs done first. Your card is just wonderful with all the springy colors, which I think we're all longing to see in our gardens and parks, but winter has a long way to go yet. You did such a great job with this sketch. Love the Lily of the Valley on the dangling tag. So darling!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Wendy L said...

Pretty flower on your lovely card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Lori Turner said...

What a pretty card! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week - good luck!

Lori
4 Crafty Chicks DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

Brenda said...

I love the beautiful springy colors you have used for your beautifully colored image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

So vibrant! I like the springy colors, great job on the sketch too.

ChristineCreations said...

Very sweet Maria! I think the colours are lovely, and the papers really work perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!